Land & Property Development Solicitors in Leeds
You may be a land owner with property that you have agreed to sell to a developer and want to achieve the best possible terms on which to sell. You may even be considering a joint venture with the developer or require advice on issues such as ‘clawback’ as well as option or overage agreements which could increase the purchase price.
Alternatively you may be a developer with an opportunity to buy a site. If so, you may be looking for legal advice and support from the initial contract (which may be conditional) or option agreement, through the planning process, funding and related issues to bring the acquisition of the site to completion. Following completion of the purchase, you may require a solicitor to work with your other professional advisors in completing infrastructure agreements with third parties and assembling the site ready for construction. You may then need legal support to handle subsequent sales or lettings (commercial or residential).
How we can help...
We have acted for many land owners and developers over the years and understand the commercial and practical objectives of both. We deliver efficient, pragmatic and cost-effective legal solutions on:
- Buying and selling land for development (commercial and residential).
- Conditional contracts.
- Option agreements (negotiating and implementing).
- Overage agreements and ‘clawback’ (negotiating and implementing).
- Section 106 and Section 36 agreements regarding development and roadways.
- Service agreements for drainage, gas and electricity with service providers.
- Dealing with restrictive covenants.
- Negotiating the granting or release easements.
- Plot sales and commercial lettings.
- Dealing with un-adopted roadways and common areas of a developed site including setting up management companies.
- Dealing with lenders as part of the transaction.
Our Dispute Resolution team is here to help you with any disputes with other land owners or developers.
Buying and selling land for development requires specialist legal advice as the issues are often complex and varied, which is why all matters are dealt with by an experienced property solicitor. We aim to work as part of the client’s trusted professional team and have over the years gained an enviable reputation for providing sound commercially-focused advice to developers and land owners alike.
Contact us now