“You really have made me feel like I have a new beginning in life and I can leave the past behind me and start a fresh. ”
“I would certainly recommend Emsleys to others that find themselves in a similar position.”
“I would highly recommend Will, he was just fantastic and did an excellent job.”
The Government have introduced an online system for those who wish to divorce without using a solicitor.
You will need a photocopy/photograph of your marriage certificate to upload. This must be on a single sheet and be clearly legible showing the serial number and all four corners. You will also need the Court fee of £593.00 or to apply for help with fees online. If you receive certain benefits eg universal credit, you will be exempt from payment of the fee.
When you start divorce proceedings, your husband/wife will receive a letter from the Court with a passcode to log on to the Court portal and respond to the divorce. They can respond electronically. The Court will notify you when your husband/wife has responded and will send prompts as to what you should do next.
- anticipate that your husband/wife will not co-operate,
- or you don’t have your marriage certificate
- or the whereabouts of your husband/wife are not known
- or your husband/wife lives abroad
- or you have financial issues to deal with
- or you married abroad and your marriage certificate is not in English
You may experience difficulties with the online Court portal without a solicitor and you should still consider obtaining some legal advice.