What is the government’s online divorce service?

The government’s new, user-friendly website allows divorce applications to be submitted online. It is not suitable for complex divorces and if something goes wrong (eg a spelling mistake in a name), it can be a lengthy and frustrating process to resolve. If you are looking to reduce costs associated with a divorce, you can divorce using the government's service and then seek advice from a solicitor about more complex issues such as money and children. Contact our team on 0113 201 4902 or email family.law@emsleys.co.uk for a free initial discussion.

Back to FAQ