You need expert legal advice that you can trust and understand. You need a flexible and efficient service. You don’t want increased financial worry at a time when you may be facing additional financial pressures. We offer an initial appointment free of charge and have a range of funding options to help you pay for your case. We tailor your appointment and funding to your circumstances and needs.
We can charge on a time taken basis.
How it works:
- We will ask you to set up a monthly standing order payment.
- We will work within a costs estimate agreed with you.
- We will provide you with a breakdown of our costs and the amount outstanding each month.
- We ask that all outstanding fees are paid when your case finishes.
We can offer fixed fees for specific legal procedures from start to finish. Our fixed fees ensure that your case will not cost any more or less than the sum we agree with you.
How it works:
- We will ask you to pay the fixed fee as a lump sum, or by instalments.
- We will work within the fixed fee.
- We will send you an invoice when we have carried out the work we agreed.
- We will notify you of the amount paid and the amount that is outstanding each month.
Payment at the end of your case...
If you have a case involving finances and you cannot reach an agreement with your ex we ask you to consider making an application for your case to be funded by Novitas.
We do not recommend Novitas and you are free to consider other options in relation to funding legal fees. An application to Novitas or another loans provider will make sure you do not run out of money to pay your legal fees when it is crucial to your case not to do so.
Novitas will often ask for a property valuation and a mortgage settlement figure, but they do not take a legal charge over your house. An application is made to them online with your agreement and they give an indication of what amount of money they are prepared to loan in total to help you pay your legal fees.
The firm carries out work in the usual way and submits invoices to you for approval. If agreed, they are then submitted to Novitas for payment. Novitas send you a monthly statement showing what you have borrowed from them and the amount of interest that is owed.
Novitas do not require monthly payments.
Novitas will cover the cost of valuation fees, accountants’ reports, pension reports, barristers and legal costs.
Pay as you go...
If you are representing yourself you may want some legal advice about certain issues. We offer a ‘pay as you go’ system so that you can either pay us per meeting or for each specific piece of work we do on your behalf. We are there if and when you need us, but we will not carry out any routine work on your behalf unless instructed to do so.
How it works:
Contact us now
- We will calculate our charges on a time taken basis.
- We will provide you with an invoice with a clear breakdown of work carried.
- You can either set up a monthly standing order, make payments on the day or on completion. If the sum to be charged is less than £150.00 plus VAT, we will require payment on the day.