Legal documents when marrying abroad

Your need for documentation when marrying abroad…

You may be planning to get married abroad, or perhaps you’ve already booked a wedding in another country. You need your ID documentation and usually your marital status verifying by a notary public before you jet off to make your vows.

How we can help with international marriage documents…

The marriage officials in the country in which you intend to marry will often require documents proving your identity, your address and your legal right to marry. They will be able to advise you what documentation is needed. Will can certify your documents to prove they are genuine.

If you have been provided with a document by the other country’s marriage officials, it is likely that this will need to be signed and executed before a notary. We can advise whether or not this document needs to be legalised by the UK embassy.

Trust our experienced notary public…

Our notary Will Armstrong is regulated by The Faculty of the Archbishop of Canterbury. A notary public's seal and signature are recognised worldwide.

Will can provide flexible appointments, often at short notice, at a location convenient to you.

Contact us now

Get in

If you would like to speak to our Notary Public please contact 0113 232 1030 or complete the following form:

  • Yorkshire Legal Awards



    Private Client Award

  • Yorkshire Legal Awards



    Residential Property

  • Modern Law Conveyancing Awards



  • The ESTAS Conveyancer Awards



  • Law Society Excellence Awards



    Client Service; Business Development

View all awards