Emsleys Solicitors is a trading name of Emsleys Solicitors Limited
- Emsleys Solicitors is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (the SRA).
- The SRA’s rules can be accessed at: www.sra.org.uk/handbook/
- Our SRA number is 607960
- Our VAT number is 184 0640 15
- Our registered company number is 08708277
- Our registered office is Colton Mill, Bullerthorpe Lane, Leeds, LS15 9JN
- Emsleys is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office
How we use your data
We will only use your data for the reasons set out in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016, including:
- Contractual obligations to comply with our contracts e.g. to act on your instructions to deliver a legal service
- Consent where we have received your consent to process your data e.g. where you tick a box to receive email newsletters
- Legal compliance where the law requires us to process your data e.g. passing on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity to law enforcement
- Legitimate interest to pursue our interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests e.g. where we send you updates relating to issues on which you have previously used us; or where we use your data for statistical analysis for the purpose of enhancing our services
When we collect your personal data
- When you visit any of our website. See section “Cookies”
- When you instruct us to provide a legal service and throughout the transaction
- When you telephone our office or email us
- When you complete a feedback survey
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you join the Emsleys Rewards scheme
- When you permit a third party (e.g. estate agents, relatives) to share with us the information they hold about you
- We collect data from publicly available sources (such as Land Registry) when you have given your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law
What we won't do with your personal data
We will not sell or disclose your personal details to any third parties, except:
- When required to do so by law
- In response to a valid legal request by a law enforcement officer or government agency
- When you have given your consent
How we protect your personal data
- We take the security of your data seriously and take all appropriate steps to protect it
- We comply with our regulator’s requirements
How long will we keep your personal data?
- We’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected
- We will retain your data for as long as required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations.
- At the end of the retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised e.g. by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning
Who do we share your personal data with?
We will share your personal data with:
- Third parties where necessary to fulfil your instructions in relation to the legal service we are providing to you
- Trusted third parties for the purpose of fulfilling your instructions e.g. IT companies who support our website or other business systems
- Our regulators
For further information please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing DPO@emsleys.com.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge (sometimes called a Subject Access Request).
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific methods or all methods).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time as follows:
The Data Protection Officer, No.6 Colton Mill, Bullerthorpe Lane, Leeds LS15 9JN or email DPO@emsleys.com. If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Complete the Contact Form on our website
- Email DPO@emsleys.com
- Call 0113 264 4414
Write to The Data Protection Officer, No.6 Colton Mill, Bullerthorpe Lane, Leeds LS15 9JN
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113 or by visiting the website www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered by this Notice, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you by emailing us at DPO@emsleys.com or writing to our Data Protection Officer, No. 6 Colton Mill, Bullerthorpe Lane, Leeds LS15 9JN
Jurisdiction for use
This site is intended for use only by those who can access it from within the UK.
This site is governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
If you believe any information on this site is inaccurate or have any suggestions on how the content of this site could be improved please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any comments or concerns regarding our services, you can contact us at email@example.com. Further information about complaints and redress services is available from the Legal Ombudsman (www.legalombudsman.org.uk) or, if you have purchased services from us online, you can consult the European Commission’s website (https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr)
We will update the content of this notice from time to time. Please ensure that you visit this page regularly and refresh your browser to ensure your information is up to date.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer is virus protected. Emsleys accepts no responsibility for any loss you may suffer as a result of accessing or downloading information from this site.
Accuracy and validity of information
Whilst we take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained within these pages is accurate and up-to-date, it is nonetheless supplied on an "as is" basis and accordingly we do not accept any liability for any errors or omissions. If you are in any doubt as to the validity of information made available within these pages, we recommend you seek verification by contacting us.
Whilst we take all reasonable steps to ensure this website is always accessible we will not be held liable if, for any reason, the website is unavailable for any period. We may also have to suspend access to the website for routine or emergency updates and maintenance but we will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum. In addition we cannot warrant that this website will be free of viruses or defects of any description and we will not be held responsible for any technical problems you may suffer as a result of your use of this website.
Third Party websites
This website may also contain hypertext links to websites operated by third parties. The responsibility for the operation and content of those websites shall rest solely with the organisation identified as controlling the third party website and will be governed by separate terms and conditions. Links are provided for convenience and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement in any way of the site to which it links. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of any linked website.
Website Use Privacy Statement
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site. The tool uses "cookies," which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors' use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for Emsleys Solicitors.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
Cookies set by Google Analytics: _ga, _dc_gtm_UA-23298077-1
For more information about Google Analytics, view their terms of service here:
This website uses Hotjar to to help analyse how users use the site.
For more info about Hotjar privacy please visit: https://www.hotjar.com/privacy
You can opt out of Hotjar tracking by visiting: https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out
Cookies set by Hotjar _hjIncludedInSample