Probate & Administration Fees
We offer Fixed Fee and Full Administration options depending on the level of support you need.
The general process is as follows:
- We have an initial meeting with the executors to review the Will and find out information about the estate
- We identify the type of application needed and allocate one of our experienced team members to act on your behalf
- We contact the relevant financial institutions to value the assets and liabilities in the estate
- Once we have this information, we prepare the probate application for approval by the executors and once approved, the papers are signed.
- A couple of weeks later, we receive the Grant of Representation and send it to the relevant financial institutions to collect in the assets
- Once the assets have been collected in, we prepare accounts for the executors and residuary beneficiaries to all approve before distributing the estate.
On average, estates which fall within the above range are dealt with within 4 – 6 months. Typically obtaining the Grant of Representation takes approximately 8 weeks from receiving your initial instructions. Collecting assets then follows which, in relation to liquid assets takes 2 – 4 weeks. Once this has been done, we can distribute the estate which normally takes a couple of weeks. Do bear in mind that if there is a property to sell, this will delay finalising the estate as the funds from the property sale will be distributed when the property sale completes which may be several months after the liquid assets have been distributed. In such cases, we distribute the cash assets first then the property sale proceeds on completion.
Contact us now