Commercial Landlord and Tenant Dispute Solicitors in Leeds
You may be a commercial landlord with a lease that may be approaching the end of its term. You may need some advice as to whether or not your tenant has a protected business tenancy and is entitled to a new tenancy. You may wish to determine whether or not you can terminate the tenancy under one of the statutory grounds or you may wish to offer the tenant a new tenancy and need advice about how to do this.
Alternatively, you may be a landlord or tenant negotiating a new lease and need advice about whether or not you should include the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
You may be a commercial tenant with a protected business tenancy under the 1954 Act. You may require some advice because your landlord wants to terminate your tenancy, or you may have been served with a notice proposing a new tenancy and wish to negotiate the suggested terms.
How we can help…
We can advise you on how to protect your property investment, whether you are a landlord or tenant, that best suits your specific situation. We can advise on:
- Whether or not your existing lease is subject to the provisions of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Whether or not you should include the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 in your new lease.
- Bringing a protected business tenancy to an end by serving a Section 25 Notice on your tenant opposing a lease renewal under the statutory grounds.
- Suggesting terms for a new lease to your existing tenant under a protected business tenancy by serving a Section 25 Notice not opposing a lease renewal.
- Proposing new terms to your landlord using the procedure under Section 26 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 to request a lease renewal.
- Responding to Section 25 and 26 Notices and commencing Court proceedings under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 if necessary.
We deal with commercial landlords and tenants on a daily basis and we understand the importance of your commercial property portfolio or place of business. We deal with businesses of all sizes and we appreciate that you want cost-effective and high quality legal advice delivered in a language you understand.
Contact us now