If you need a document authenticating or legalising for use abroad, you will require a notary public.
A notary public is an internationally recognised qualified lawyer. Notaries often also practise as solicitors – our notary public William Armstrong is also a solicitor in our Personal Injury team.
You may need a notary public if you are:
- Marrying abroad
- Buying or selling a house or commercial property in another country
- Involved in an international transaction
- Exporting goods (as a business)
- Dealing with the will or probate for a family member who has died abroad and/or has property in another country
- Appointing someone who lives abroad with Power of Attorney to deal with your affairs
- Registering a patent or trademark internationally
Our notary public can offer a range of services to meet your individual needs. For more information or for a confidential discussion, please call 0113 232 1030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Blog